Govt. Degree College
New Colony Gagren
Tel : 01933260204
© Degree College Shopian 2015 Maintained by IT Dept. Degree College Shopian Powered by I Soft Solutions
General Admission Rules
1) Admission to B.G. (1st to 6th) semester is subject to the policy as laid down by the Higher Education Department, and University of Kashmir from time to time.
2) All the students who have passed Higher Secondary Part-
3) The students who intend to seek admission in Science/Commerce/BCA/BBA streams
must have secured not less than 45% in Higher Secondary Part-
4) The selection of candidates for admission to BA/B.Sc./B.Com (General)/ BCA/BBA Programme for GDC Shopian shall be based either on the merit obtained in the 10+2 level examination or the written test conducted by the college for different courses, where intake capacity may be fixed and with a provision for selection of candidates from reserved categories as per the reservation policy of the University, to be decided by the college concerned.
5) Where no eligible candidate applies under particular category/categories for any Programme the seats shall be filled up from the open merit category in order of merit.
6) Subject to eligibility conditions admission to all the courses in GDC Shopian
shall be open to the State subjects of J&K. However, the non-
7) A candidate can apply for stream change in a period of seven (7) days from his/her admission or in any case before the registration process is initiated with the University.
8) Admission to the students whose result is declared after the admissions are completed shall be granted admission subject to the enhancement of dates in their favour by the University and availability of seats in the college.
9) A candidate who has backlog of more than 50% credits of study in 1st to 3rd semester examinations shall not be entitled to seek admission in 5th semester.
• Character and Provisional certificates in original from the institute last attended.
• Photocopy of class 12th marks certificate along with the original one (to be produced at the time of admission for verification)
• Photocopy of D.O B. certificate along with the original one (to be produced at the time of admission for verification)
• Receipt of fee deposited in Account Number: SB/65 J & K Bank Main Brach Shopian. J & K Bank facilitates Students of the college and sends its staff to collect fee from them in the college itself during admission days.
|Subject Streams & Programmes|
|Choice based credit scheme|
|NSS & NCC|
|Red Ribbon Club|
|Woman Empowerment Cell|
|Bad Pocket Scholarship|
|Post Matric Scholarship|
|National Merit Scholarship|
|Beneficiary Schemes Under UGC|